Essilor acquires Transitions

augustus 1, 2013

Post image for Essilor acquires Transitions

Essilor already owned 49% of the Transitions shares and this week announced to acquire the other 51%. The deal is expected to be completed in the Summer of 2014. The Italian sunglasses manufacturer Intercast with sales of 34 million euro in 2012 is part of the acquisition. Transitions sales in 2012 totaled 814 million euro. Other lens manufacturers can continue to offer Transition products. Essilor expects a positive development in the sales of photochromatic lenses which are already more and more popular in Europe, Latin America and Asia. Intercast is interesting because of the still growing demand for sun lenses.

Be Sociable, Share!

Previous post:

Next post: